Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
Following Government guidelines, the surgery has now reopened. We are initially prioritising those with the most urgent dental needs, with a view to resume routine dental care as soon as we can.
We are seeing patients by appointment only, please continue to call us for advice and support.
Although our practice has reopened please note it will not be business as usual. The treatments you are offered may be different to those you received before, depending on staff and personal protection equipment ( PPE ) available. It will take some time before services return to what you previously experienced as normal. Please be patient with us while we work towards resuming normal dental services in a safe environment.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice.
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. Once you have arrived, please call the practice by phone on 01992 462 043 and check in with reception. You should then wait outside the practice until called in by a nurse.
- Please limit the number of things you bring with you to your appointment. ONLY bring necessary items.
- Please bring your own pen to sign any consent forms
- We may ask you to complete your medical history form at home and bring it in at your appointment. Please ensure all parts are completed and all medications are recorded on this form
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- Only one consenting adult will be able to escort a child.
- A face covering must be worn by anyone escorting a child or vulnerable adult into the building. This cannot be provided by the practice due to PPE shortages. All our PPE will be needed to treat our patients and protect staff and patients.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- Payment should be made by card where possible and we will sometimes request this over the phone. If cash payment is to be made, please make sure you bring the cash in a plastic bag. Staff will not shake your hand
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone for advise
The welfare of our staff and patients is extremely important to us moving into this next stage in providing your dental care.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back
The Team at Hoddesdon Dental Surgery
Hoddesdon Dental Surgery Ltd
44 High Street
Registered office as above.
Registered in England & Wales. Registration No: 06163846.
Telephone: 01992 462043
Our Opening Hours:
|Monday||9.00 - 12.30 / 13.30 - 17.30|
|Tuesday||9.00 - 12.30 / 13.30 - 17.30|
|Wednesday||9.00 - 12.30 / 13.30 - 17.30|
|Thursday||9.00 - 12.30 / 13.30 - 17.30|
|Friday||9.00 - 12.30|
|Saturday / Sunday / Bank Holidays||Closed|
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can also send us a message using the contact form below: